Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Habits of the Happiest People

Happy people don't just find happiness, they make it happen with action.  Happiness habits can make a tremendous difference in your life.

*Be deliberately optimistic.  When you think or hear something negative, think about how  you can make the thought or statement realistically positive.

*Keep positive and uplifting resources on hand.  I keep a book of spiritual readings handy, and when I start feeling down, I read a section, then meditate on it.  It really changes attitude.  I also keep playlists of music that "blisses" me, and listen to some every day.  When I feel like I need a lift, I put the music in my head.

*Imagine the worst that can happen in a threatening situation.  Often the reality of a bad situation isn't as bad as the illusions you imagine.

*Practice loving-kindness.  Compassion helps you to feel more kind, and feel better about yourself.

*Seek out the good in everything.  Even if it's something terrible, it's a learning experience.  And coping brings strength.  It helps you to see everything more positively.

These are examples from Kristi Ling's book "Operation Happiness:3-Step Plan to Creating a Life of Lasting Joy, Abundant Energy, and Radical Bliss".

What an amazing gift for yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment