Tuesday, June 7, 2016

A Living Meditation Practice to Move on My Life Path

This morning I watched CBS Morning Show and there was a feature about Wanda, the Disney themed park in Shanghai, China.  It started with a man doing taiji (tai chi) with two Disney characters as part of the attractions. Wanda wants to keep Chinese culture in Western Disney.

I was drawn to the slow, deliberate movements of both the characters and the "human" as they showed a few seconds of the taiji.  I could "feel" the qi (chi) and internally visualize it as the man did his movements.  It was morning, so I went to the open space in our rental unit and did my taiji for the day.  I could almost feel the man's qi working with my qi.  It was one of the best taiji sessions I had.  I do taiji daily and by myself,  and have been doing it 20 years.  For me, taiji, yoga, qigong are part of my morning routine, not a "class" I go to once a week: it's part of my life,



My experience today relates well to the book I'm reading, "Wherever You Go, There You Are".  I did, and I was.  Still am.

The remnants of our storm damaged home were removed yesterday.  Watching it wasn't as sad as I thought it would be.  It was actually joyful.  I feel like I am accepting the circumstances and moving on.  Having more time as we are living in a rental space has slowed me down, given me more time for reflection, like a living meditation.

There was also a shot on television of Minnie Mouse doll for sale in the Wanda park.  Minnie was wearing a classic jade bangle bracelet, that was included with the doll for purchase.  Sweet!

Classic Round Chinese Jade Bangle Bracelets



No comments:

Post a Comment