Monday, May 9, 2016

Color Therapy, Colors of Jade, Colors of Chakra

My first trip to China in 1999 was to learn Chinese medicine, Qi Healing, and tai chi and qigong.  Chinese medicine practices seem to agree with me, my philosophy, practice and go-to when I need healing.

My second trip to China a few months later was to continue a treatment the doctor had started with me and was working well.  That's when I learned about jade use for Chinese medicine practice, and about meridians.  Colors of jade are often used for balancing the meridians, and some of the Chinese jade that has all five colors of white, green, black /  charcoal, red ("hong") and yellow.  When I'm feeling out of balance, I look at and touch all my jade bangle bracelets, and always find one that "feels" like what I need.  And it usually does help.  The jade also gets a "glow" as I'm wearing it, so I know my body qi and the jade qi energies are working together.

I also do yoga as part of my daily practices.  Yoga also uses colors that relate to the Chakras.  The colors and locations have some similarity in both yoga and qi healing.  But yoga has more colors, because there are more chakras than meridians.

Sometimes people who are searching for their path in life try many different methods, and try to practice them all.  While trying them, if a person tries to practice them all, their life can get very out of balance, and can actually work against them.  So I chose Chinese medicine as my practice.  It's the Dao, being in harmony with nature, and is also were feng shui and yin and yang theories come from.

But I still do yoga and part of my daily practice.

Color therapy is becoming part of Western healing practices,  The US government and medical organizations are trying to cut back on prescribing opiod drugs for chronic pain and looking for alternatives.  Studies are being done about color therapy used with cognitive behavioral therapy to be helpful for both chronic and acute pain.  I read an article today "Color Therapy Yoga Offers Fresh Perspective".  The yoga teacher occasionally teaches a class that focuses on a certain chakra color and has colored sunglasses the students can wear to perceive everything through a certain color lens.  The class participants find that by focusing on a color they can see a lesson rather than a problem in a situation.  When interviewed for the article, the students felt moved by the experience, more focused and motivated.  They not only got the benefits from the yoga practice, but also from the color exposure.

Perhaps this is a trend now.  A Chinese practice that has worked for centuries now being incorporated into modern wellness.


No comments:

Post a Comment