Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Staying Healthy with Natural - CBD Cannabidiol and Why It is Helpful

 This is hard to believe, but our bodies were made to heal themselves.  

Years ago, before "technology", and probably until mid 1900's, nature provided us with herbs, natural things to help us stay healthy, and take care of body problems.  People often grew their own plants, herbs, vegetables and made their own remedies for family and friends.  I remember my grandmother who lived in Cleveland, Ohio.   She had a small garden in her back yards, and a very small "chicken coop".  When we went to visit her, she often gave us specials foods she grew to "make us strong".   My family moved to rural Ohio and we lived on a 100 acre farm, which is still in the family.  We had a chicken coop, cows, sheep, pigs.  And a large garden that we grew all our fruits and vegetables.  We kids never bought lunch in school, so all we really knew about food was what came from our farm.  The first time I ate "regular food" was when I left home, joined the US Navy.  And oh my, I wondered what was "wrong" with all the food.  Then I got an apartment and bought groceries for the first time, and was sure I bought the wrong foods, or they were "bad".   Nothing tasted as good as what we grew on the farm.  

Also, "back then", there were herbs that grew around nature that suddenly turned "illegal", including hemp plant.  The cows, animals grazed in the pastures, at the few hemp weeks that might be in the grass.  They processed the hemp, and then we drank cow's milk, ate the animals, and the hemp went into our bodies.   There is a part of our bodies, cannabinoid receptors, embedded in the cell membranes that are responsible for regulating multiple processes that we experience daily, including mood, appetite, memory and pain sensation. When we lived our "natural" lives the hemp plants CBD we got from animals kept these replenished.  But since hemp became illegal, we rare get CBD from anything.  Unless we buy it.

The first time I used CBD oil under my tongue, I was amazed at how "well" I felt.  I had trouble getting up in the morning because of arthritis, and when I took the CBD, in a few minutes the pain was helped so much.  My neighbors were amazed to see me out walking in the morning, riding my bike, because mornings were always so difficult for me.

CBD is NOT always  marijuana.  There are two kinds of CBD.  The CBD you can now buy over the counter is made from hemp.   Marijuana also has CBD.  The difference is that marijuana CBD has a small amount of THC, but hemp CBD has such a tiny amount it doesn't show in urine tests.  

CBD is most helpful for bones, aches, muscle pains.  It is calming, helps anxiety,  helps sleep.  

It is not really helpful for nerves, but THC is.  

But you do have to be careful about purchasing CBD.  Anybody can grow it.  You need to know how it is grown and handled, and tested for quality.  I bought my first CBD tincture and topical cream from Sisters of the Valley in California.  They are a very spiritual group, compassionate, and when you visit their web site, you can see how they handle growing their hemp.  They "bless it" often.  They "sage it" instead of using pesticides.  They have ceremonies around  harvesting it, and making the products.  And they have a link so you can check the testing results that are required in California and for selling online, by mail.  


If you are taking pills, drugs, prescriptions for arthritis, muscle pain, stress and anxiety, difficulty sleeping, try CBD.  Use it topically if you have an area that would benefit from rubbing it on.  Or take a few drops under your tongue, leave for a few seconds, then open your mouth slightly and breathe under your tongue so it gets absorbed and into your system.

CBD from Sisters of the Valley is one of the best self-help products you can use.


We appreciate your comments. 
When you leave a comment, it will be reviewed to determine if it is valid,
not "inappropriate"  or links to sites that may not be helpful.
It may take a few days for the comment to be accepted and posted




No comments:

Post a Comment