Thursday, March 8, 2018

When is the Best Time and Place to do Yoga, Tai Chi, Qigong?

I don't go to "formal" tai chi, yoga classes.  My tai chi and yoga, qigong, are part of my life.  While not in my routine, I intuitively choose the best time in the morning for practice.  If I have too many tasks to do that my mind will be on them and not when I'm playing tai chi, usually do the tasks first.  But sometimes during the tasks, I feel very ready to practice.

Today I took a "me" morning and went shopping for household and Easter things.  I was out for about three hours, almost noon when I got home.  I wanted to put away my purchases and replace some of my old kitchen accessories with the new ones I bought, so I turned my iPod touch on to my Pandora channel.  I made a Yoga Station and usually when I connect, the music that's being played is just right for what I'm doing.  So I turned on Pandora, and the first one that came up was "Islands of Dusk" by Midori on the Bali album.  My "dream" is when I am at the end of my life, I want to go to Bali, to a monastery on the beach, and "sit" until I pass from this world to the next, so "Islands of Dusk" is very emotional for me.  And I saw on the news yesterday that the ocean is becoming extremely polluted with plastic trash and Bali beach has been so affected that the beautiful water is declining.  I stopped what I was doing because my body mind and spirit moved me to tai chi. 

And although I also did my yoga practice, during the day I will often be moved to do some yoga poses, and some qigong.  That's why I don't care for classes.  It's so much a part of my life, like drinking water when thirsty, eating when hungry, scratching when there's an itch.

After I got done with my morning practices, and I went back to doing my unpacking and putting away from my shopping trip, I noticed my jade bangle bracelet was looking more beautiful.   The green veins were more dominant as was the translucence.  It had an overall "glow" and felt so good. 


Old mine genuine natural Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet mined and carved last century

And by the way, when your jade looks more beautiful as you wear it, you know it was made for you.


Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.
Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment